Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jodi Meadows Interview




Jodi Meadows, author of Incarnate, took the time to answer a few of my questions.
I hope you enjoy the interview:







1 – Tell us a little bit about yourself.
JM: I am a human. I write books. 

2 - Incarnate’s story is very different and interesting. Where did you come up with the inspiration to write it?
JM: One of my ferrets whispered the story into my ear at night for a year. Finally I realized the only way I'd get sleep was if I wrote this book. That went well, until my ferret started whispering about a sequel.
(This answer may or may not be a lie.)

3 – If you were continually reincarnated do you think you would spend your time perfecting a specific skill or would you like to take on several different projects?
JM: Judging by the hobbies I have now . . . I'd probably get a zillion things on my list to do. More yarn projects, definitely. But I'd always come back to writing. Just think of how many books I could write!

4 - What would you like to be incarnated as?
J.M: A human. Or maybe a ferret. Or a bassoon!

5 – Which one of your characters did you enjoy writing about the most and why?
J.M: Besides Ana and Sam, probably Stef. I love how open and outgoing she is; she's not afraid to say what's on her mind. Plus, she's super smart.

6 – What do you find to be the most rewarding thing about writing? And what about the least rewarding?
J.M: Most rewarding is a tie between being able to make up stories for a living and getting letters from readers who loved INCARNATE.

Least rewarding? Taxes. Ugh.

7 – Which author or authors have inspired you the most?
J.M: Oh I have a whole list, but a handful who made a direct impact? Mary Downing Hahn, Robin McKinley, Tamora Pierce.

8 - Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
J.M: Write a lot. Read a lot. Don't give up.

9 – What can you tell us about the sequel to Incarnate? 
J.M: I was going to tell you all about the sequel, but then my agent took over my typing fingers and stopped me. If I try to tell you anything, who knows what will happen.

10 - Is there anything else you would like your readers to know?
J.M: Ferrets are mustelids, not rodents.

Thank you, Jodi!


You can find Jodi Meadows at:

3 comments:

  1. Great interview! I just read your review of the book too and it sounds really good. I must try and read this one very soon! Thanks for sharing :)

    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page
    Drop by & enter my International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like interviews! :) And this is so sweet! ;) Thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveee ferrets too!! My aunt has two and they're super cute!! Nice interview! :)

    ReplyDelete