Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review - Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis

Title and Author: Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: November 22nd, 2011
Paperback/Hardcover: 400
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Summary:
Breaking rules and breaking hearts.
Free-spirited Chloe lives life on the edge. Unlike her soon-to-be married sisters, she isn't ready to settle into a quiet life running their family's newly renovated inn. But soon her love of trouble--and trouble with love-draws the attention of the very stern, very sexy sheriff who'd like nothing better than to tame her wild ways.
Suddenly Chloe can't take a misstep without the sheriff hot on her heels. His rugged swagger and his enigmatic smile are enough to make a girl beg to be handcuffed. For the first time, instead of avoiding the law, Chloe dreams of surrender. Can this rebel find a way to keep the peace with the straitlaced sheriff? Or will Chloe's colorful past keep her from a love that lasts . . . and the safe haven she truly wants in a town called Lucky Harbor

Review:
As some of you know I really like Jill Shalvis and her books so I couldn’t wait to read Head Over Heels.
This is the third book in the Lucky Harbor series and focuses on Chloe who is known as the “wild child”. She’s impulsive and a little reckless and is always getting into some kind of trouble, which more often than not makes her cross paths with Sheriff Sawyer Thomas. It’s obvious they are both attracted to each other but they couldn’t be more different.
I really liked this book. I was curious to see how the relationship between Sawyer and Chloe would develop and was not disappointed. It was entertaining reading about Sawyer trying to deal with Chloe and her actions.
Chloe is a great character she is wild and impulsive but it’s obvious she has a good heart and is intent on growing up a little. I like the fact she doesn’t let her asthma slow her down and she makes no apologies for being who she is.
Sawyer is great as well, of course. He’s big and bad but he can also be quite sweet when he wants to. He might be a sheriff but he had a difficult childhood and often keeps his feelings to himself. There’s more to him than what meets the eye, though.
I really like the fact Chloe and Sawyer are complete opposites and I enjoyed the way their relationship developed since the first book since neither of them are used to letting people in easily.
I must confess I also really liked the way Sawyer was able to deal with Chloe’s asthma and help her.
Being able to read about what’s happening with the characters from the previous books is another reason why I liked this book so much.
Simply Irresistible still remains my favorite book in the series but Head Over Heels did not disappoint me at all! It is a well-written, interesting and entertaining book.
If you like contemporary romance, you should definitely pick this book up.
I also can’t wait to read the next book in the series! :)

Rating: Somewhere between Worth Your Time and Must Read (4 ½ Stars)


6 comments:

  1. I love a good romance. This series sounds fun. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great series! Thanks for the review!


    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I haven't read that much contemporary, but it's a genre I'd love to explore more (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds interesting and I loved book cover, my favorite book cover from Lucky Harbor series^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine is a huge fan of Jill Shalvis and this series. She won this book from Jill's giveaway but sadly she never received the book :(

    Anyway, I've been meaning to start reading the series since last year but haven't started until now [sigh] Too many books on my TBR list. Hopefully, I'll start soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this books sounds great, thanks for the review. looking forward to read this.

    ReplyDelete