Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Title and Author: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Time by Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Poppy
Publication Date: January 2nd, 2012
Paperback/Hardcover: 236
Genre: Young Adult 

Summary:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it

Review:
I was immediately interested in this book when I read the blurb and it certainly did not disappoint. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight was a great read!
After missing her flight by just four minutes and being stuck at the airport, Hadley meets Oliver. It turns out they are in the same flight and Hadley welcomes the distraction he offers from her thoughts on the reasons why she is going to London. Conversation flows easily between them as they share a little bit about them.
I really liked the characters in this book. Hadley is a perfect main character for this book. Her emotions are all over the place in the beginning. She’s angry and sad and she definitely doesn’t want to fly to London to go to her father’s wedding. She’s still sweet, down to earth and extremely intelligent, though. It was easy to relate to her and understand why she’s feeling like she is.
Oliver is amazing as well. It’s really easy to like him. He’s funny and sweet and laid back and all around extremely likeable. He has his own problems to deal with but he still tries to help Hadley and keep her mind off, for instance, her claustrophobia.
The romance between the two of them was invigorating and their story both romantic and fresh. They really fit together extremely well.
I really enjoyed this book. I think is a great romantic story able to make you smile and, sometimes, want to cry. It is more than just a love story, though. The book is about family as well and learning to let some things go.
The book is very well-written and I just couldn’t seem to put it down. I wanted to know what would happen to Hadley and Oliver and everyone around then.
All in all, I absolutely loved this book. The characters are great and the story is very interesting and inspiring.
I think any YA contemporary fan will definitely be able to enjoy this book.
Rating: Must Read (5 Stars)

6 comments:

  1. This book keeps getting wonderful reviews, and I am so excited to read it! Need to finish my current first, however. ~sigh~ So many books!

    Thanks for the review. It was wonderful. :)

    Alexandra~
    http://www.wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a book I would really enjoy. I'm adding it to my tbr list! :) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading this, it sounds so sweet. Great review!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was so creative, I loved it!
    Your review is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely fell in love with the story! It was definitely something special, and completely sweet! Another plus? I remember another blogger describing the book with something along the lines of, "How satisfying it is to read a book where the girl doesn't want to tear her love interest's clothes off." She took the words straight out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow five stars! I must find this book and read it! That's good that you liked it, other blogs gave it poor reviews. I believe in love at first sight though <3
    -Cali W.

    ReplyDelete