Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review - Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready


Title and Author: Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: May 4th, 2010
Paperback/Hardcover: 309
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal

Summary:
Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. "Almost."
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.

Review:
All the amazing Shade fans made me want to read this book and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. I really liked the interesting storyline as well as the characters.
Every child born after what is called the Shift is able to see and talk to ghosts. Aura is one of those children. She’s your normal, sweet girl but when her boyfriend dies and becomes a ghost and a new guy enters her life everything gets more and more complicated for her.
The world Jeri Smith-Ready created in this book was very fascinating and different and also believable!  
I really liked the characters in this book. Aura seemed real to me and, even though, I’m team Zach I could understand why Aura was torn between Zach and Logan. They are both incredible and likeable guys and I have to say the love triangle really was much better than I thought it would be. I did wish I could smack some sense into Logan sometimes, though. :)
Shade is a great book with an interesting plot and storyline that kept me completely interested. The book is well-written and fast paced.
I can’t wait to read the sequel now so I can find the answer to a few of my questions. :)
I think any Paranormal and Young Adult fan will be able to enjoy this book.

Rating: Somewhere Between Worth Your Time and Must Read (4 ½   Stars)

5 comments:

  1. I've heard so much good of this book. I have to check it out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri Smith-Ready does a great job with this love triangle. It is one of the love triangles I actually like.

    I'm glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series SO much-cannot wait for my preorder of Shine to arrive! I thought Shift was even better than Shade so hopefully you'll agree when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! I ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO WAY TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I LOVE READING THIS BOOK.
    Jeri Smith-Ready immediately sucked me in with the entire idea of the Shift, and I fell in love with the books! I can't imagine living life without this book, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy of this book on my shelf but I still haven't got the chance to read it. There are always new and interesting books coming out I simply can't read everything I want.

    ReplyDelete