Thursday, February 16, 2012

Review - Scary School by Derek The Ghost

Title and Author: Scary School by Derek The Ghost
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: June 21st, 2011
Paperback/Hardcover: 237
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal

Summary:
You think your school's scary?
Get a load of these teachers:
"Ms. Fang," an 850-year-old vampire
"Dr. Dragonbreath," who just might eat you before recess
"Mr. Snakeskin"--science class is so much more fun when it's taught by someone who's
half zombie
"Mrs. T"--break the rules and spend your detention with a hungry "Tyrannosaurus rex"
Plus
Gargoyles, goblins, and Frankenstein's monster on the loose
The world's most frighteningly delicious school lunch
And
The narrator's an eleven-year-old ghost
Join Charles "New Kid" Nukid as he makes some very Scary friends--including Petunia, Johnny, and Peter the Wolf--and figures out that Scary School can be just as funny as it is spooky

Review:
I received this book from the author in exchange on an honest review and I think this is perfect for young boys and girls.
In this book you are introduced to Scary School and each chapter focuses on one scenario or character in the school. The story is told by 11 years old Derek The Ghost and you’ll meet several crazy but interesting characters.
This book was able to keep me very entertained and the Scary School turned out to be a very fun and funny place.
As I said I found all the characters to be very interesting and funny. The book is well written and easy to read. I think young readers will definitely be able to enjoy it and let their imaginations fly.
Another thing I found very exciting in this book were the illustrations. Those illustrations combined with Derek’s narration were able to truly bring the story to life.
All in all, this is a fun, well-written and easy to read book. I think it is perfect for young readers but I’m sure older readers like myself will be able to enjoy it as well. J

Rating:  Worth Your Time and Must Read (4 Stars)

2 comments:

  1. Cool review. I love books like these so I will definitely be checking it out :)

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this one too. The story line was unique and the characters very interesting.

    ReplyDelete