Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review - Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine

Title and Author: Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine
Publisher: Acacia Publishing, Inc.
Publication Date: June 20th, 2011
Paperback/Hardcover: 117
Genre: Young Adult

Summary:
While other high school seniors are dreaming about their futures, Sophie and Carter are just trying to make it through each day. Carter is overwhelmed by issues at home as he struggles to support his mother. Meanwhile, next door neighbor Sophie is left to care for her three younger siblings in place of their absent and troubled mother. All that holds these two best friends together is each other, and knowing that each night they'll sit together on Sophie's front porch swing and escape from reality, if just for awhile. But as their relationship reaches a turning point and high school graduation nears, will their friendship become something more?

Review:
I knew I would like Sophie & Carter when I read the synopsis; I just didn’t except to enjoy it so much! This is a great book to pick up if you’re interested in a quick, sweet and interesting read.
Sophie and Carter are neighbors and close friends who share their secrets and support each other as well as they can. They both have to deal with difficult issues that made them grow up too fast and the comfort they find in each other is what helps them move on.  Sophie’s mom is a prostitute who left Sophie to take care of her three younger siblings and Carter is forced to take care of his mother, who his father abused for years until she was driven to insanity.
The chapters in the book alternate between the point of view of Sophie and Carter, which gives you the opportunity of getting to know both characters a little bit better. I appreciated that because I liked both characters. Both Sophie and Carter are easy to fall for. You feel for them and can’t help but to want things to work out.
Sophie and Carter are young but they went through a lot and is really nice seeing their relationship develop from friendship into something more. The romance between them is really sweet and cute and is obvious they care for each other and want to protect one another. They make a great couple.
All in all I really enjoyed this book. I wish it was longer, though! :)
Sophie & Carter is a well-written and interesting book. It is easy to read and it kept me captivated. I can’t wait for the sequel to come out so I can read more about Sophie and Carter and their live.
I recommend this book to any YA fan!

Rating: Must Read (5 Stars)

2 comments:

  1. Has been on my wish list forever but I think it's time to read it now!! Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve seen this one around but I don’t think I really knew what it was about. Now I want to read it! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete