Saturday, February 11, 2012

Review - Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Title and Author: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Publisher: Katehrine Tegen
Publication Date: January 31st, 2012
Paperback/Hardcover: 384
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal

Summary:
New soul
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.
No soul
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
Heart
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.

Review:
From the blurb I was sure I would like this book I just didn’t know I would end up liking it as much as I did! Incarnate is a wonderful, interesting and different story that kept me well entertained.
In this book everyone had been reincarnated hundreds of times and always keep their memories from every life. It had always been that way until Ana is born. She isn’t reincarnated; she’s a “nosoul” or “newsoul”. She’s living her first life and no one is quite sure what she is or what the fact she was born means.
After she turns 18 Ana decides to leave her horrible mother and find out more about herself. She soon finds herself under attack and is saved by a boy named Sam who just like everyone else has lived several other lives.
I was immediately entranced by Ana’s story and the world Jodi Meadows created in this book. A world that includes new and different creatures as well as great re-creations of some creatures we already know like dragons. The descriptions of the city of Heart with its imposing and mysterious temple were perfect and made me feel like I was there with Ana and Sam.
Ana’s a perfect main character and heroine. She’s very untrusting due to having been raised by an abusive and cold mother and that made her point of view very different and unique. She has her insecurities and is quick to doubt herself and her value but she’s also very intelligent and brave. Her love for music and eagerness to learn made me like her even more.
Sam was great as well. He’s the perfect match for Ana because while she’s impulsive and rushes into things he’s cautious and patient. He loves music as well, he’s sweet and caring and willing to help Ana discover who she is.
I really liked the way the relationship between Ana and Sam developed. It was nice reading about them slowly getting to know each other. Their mutual love for music brought them truly together and they were able to build a strong and true relationship.
Other characters like Stef were also entertaining to read about and they all brought something to the story.
Incarnate is very well written and the descriptions of the places and things Ana visits and sees are perfect.
All in all I really enjoyed Incarnate. It is a different, easy to read, well-written and entertaining story with a little something for everyone: adventure, love, a little bit of mystery…
I definitely recommend this book to any Young Adult and Paranormal fan.

Rating: Must Read  (5 Stars)

5 comments:

  1. OK, I really need to get this book to me! This five stars reviews are killing me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the cover for this novel! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the books i'm dying to read! Five stars review!! :O I must have it like NOW!
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover. I really liked this book. Can't wait for book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got an ARC for this book months ago (like, December), and have wanted to read it since, and never seem to pull myself into the story. Thought it was just me, so I never bothered getting very far. I hate clichés and stupid heroines and predictable plotlines. And insta-love?! No chemistry?! This makes me even more infuriated. Everything about this book so far infuriates me. But I’ve had this book since December, weeks before if came out. And I could not it. That’s a huge red flag for me, because usually I can read through poorly created book. I’ll try really hard to read it. But chances are I probably won’t read Asunder.

    Thanks for the review! Glad you liked the book :)

    ReplyDelete