Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Review - Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle 03) by Maggie Stiefvater

Title: Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle 03) by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: October 21st, 2014
Paperback/Hardcover: 391
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal 
Find it atGoodreads Bookdepository


Summary:  
There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.
Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.
The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.
Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.

Review:   
I’ve read the previous two books in this series and really enjoyed them so I definitely had to read this one.
Blue’s mother is missing and Gansey seems no closer to finding Glendower. To make this worse, a new character is in town looking for the Grey Man and for revenge.
I’m so glad I was finally able to read this book! Gansey is still a very good character. He’s definitely diferent and I’m not always able to figure him out but the truth is, without him, the Raven Boys group wouldn’t be the same.
Blue is rying to find her mother while dealing with feeling she knows she shouldn’t have.
Have I mentioned I love Ronan? In a way he’s my favorite character in the books. He’s extremely complex and even though he tries to pretend he doesn’t care about anything he really does. He’s not as thought as he would like people to think and I think that’s exactly what makes him such a great character. He’s wild but he cares a lot  for his friends and family.
Of course I also think Adam is great. He changed a lot in the last three books but he’s still a very interesting character. He’s noble and hardworking and I really liked reading about him and Ronan.
Even though they don’t want to admit it, the romance between Blue and Gansey is blossoming. In a way they can’t stay away from each other even knowing they shouldn’t be together. I’m curious to see how their relationship will develop in the next book because I actually think they would make a good couple if they could be one.
Plotwise, Lily Blue, Blue Lily is full of twists and turns and mysteries. That’s probably one of the reasons why I like this series so much: nothing is ever what it seems to be as gansey and the rest of the gang continue their search for  Glendower.
All in all, this book is very well-written and extremely interesting. The characters are great and there’s a lot of focus on their development. Plus, I really enjoy all the mystery and the quest for Glendower.
The book kep me interested right from the start until the end. Plus, Almost every chapter ends in a cliffhanger of some kind so I just couldn’t put it down.
I can’t wait to read the next book in the series and find out if Gansey will finally find his king. Plus, the book obviously ended in a little cliffhanger which only makes me want the next book more!
 If you haven’t started reading this series yet, you should definitely do it!

Rating: Somewhere between Worth Your Time and Must Read (4 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment