Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review - Opposition (Lux 05) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Opposition (Lux 05) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 5th, 2014
Paperback/Hardcover: 352
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal 
Find it atGoodreads  / Bookdepository


Summary:  
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.
She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.
Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.
They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.
War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

Review:   
As some of you might know, I'm a big Jennifer L. Armentrout fan and her books. It took me a little while to start Opposition (maybe because I didn't want the series to end) but once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. 
Opposition starts shortly after the last book ended and things are not looking good for humans or Katy who doesn't know exactly what happened to Daemon after all the other luxen came to earth. Can Daemon really have decided to join the luxen and leave Katy behind?
All our favorite characters are back in this book and, as always, they are kickass and very well-written. 
I always liked Katy and thought she was a very good main character. She's smart, tough and not afraid to stand up for herself. Plus, I always liked the fact she often has a comeback ready for Deamon. 
Daemon is, of course, my favorite character. He's cocky, witty and all around amazing. He's also very protective of the ones he loves, which becomes very clear in this book. He really is a great character.
I also like Dawson and Beth and I was happy with the ending they got. The same goes for Dee and Archer. 
Plus, I enjoyed Hunter's appearance in this book. 
Plotwise, the story revolves around the arrival of millions of luxen in earth and their plans to take over. As with the other books in the series, the plot is very interesting and the story develops at a nice pace. The book is very well-written and I couldn't put it down until I knew how Katy and Daemon's story was going to end. 
I have to confess I'm sad this series is over, though. I mean, I could always use a little bit more of Daemon!
All in all, the whole Lux series is a great series which I really enjoyed. The plot is original and the character interesting and well-developed.
If you haven't started reading this series yet, what are you waiting for? Daemon will win you over.

Rating: Somewhere between Worth Your Time and Must Read (4 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment