Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 
This week I m reading:


Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler


"“So you have a fan club?” I tease Patrick when she’s finally gone.
“You say fan club, I say stalker.”
“Right. It must be tough having beautiful girls throw themselves at you like that,” I say. “Poor thing.”
“Yes, they’re just throwing themselves, aren’t they? You should see the collection of lace thongs and hotel room keys I have at home.”
I know he’s kidding, but it gets under my skin. I try to think of him as Little Ricky with braces and freckles, but that only strengthens the invisible pull I
feel toward him, the sense of entitlement rising in me as though knowing his past gives me some claim to his future, some connecting string between now
and the days we played hide-and-seek under the willows when his parents were fighting and he didn’t want to go home."


What about you? What are you reading right now?

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a start of a good romance story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my be on the look out list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this book has certainly got my attention. Great teaser - sounds a little similar to mine...childhood romance, growing apart, reuniting again perhaps?

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love romance between old friends! Great Teaser...here is mine: My Teaser Tuesdays

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this one, and am loving the teaser! Love the cover too.

    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw this sounds like a really sweet romance :)
    My Teaser

    Check out my Summer Favorites Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. I loved this book. I still have her first book on my tbr pile though.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good teaser; you have my attention! I haven't seen too much about it, but I know I've seen it and it sounds good. I hope you enjoy it. :) My teaser can be found here!

    ReplyDelete