Saturday, October 1, 2011

Monthly Favorites

So, I've seen this in another ( I can't remember which now, unfortunately) and thought it was a great idea to do a monthly feature on the best books I've read during the month.

For now on at the end of every month, I'll blog about the books I read during that month.
 


September Monthly Favorites:

During September I've read:





Book Related:

  • Favorite Book Title - Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

  • Favorite Book Cover - Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler


        •  Most Embarassing Book Cover - None of the books I've read in September had an embarassing cover. :)

        • Book You Can’t Believe You Waited So Long to Read - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

        •  Favorite Reading Experience - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - It took me a while to start reading this series but once I did I couldn't stop reading!

        • Book with the best Food - None of the books I've read during Septmeber focused too much on the food.


        Characters Related:

        • Best Male Character - Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I really like Dimitri. He's deadly but he can also be incredibly sweet to Rose.

        • Best Female Character - Rose from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I think Rose is a great character. She's impulsive but she grows more and more in each book of the series and I can't help admiring her for the sacrifices she does for those she loves.

        • Best Couple - Delilah and Patrick from Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler. These two are just too cute and sweet together.

        • Best Love Triangle - Dimitri/Rose/Adrian. I think this was an interesting love triangle. I really like Adrian as well but I think Rose belongs with Dimitri. :)

        • Favorite Crush - Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. :)


        Plot Related:

        • Best Plot Twist - At the end of Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead when *something* happens to Dimitri. I don't want to give out spoilers! :P

        • Best Ending - Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. This is related to the best plot twist. :)

        • Steamiest Scene - Well, Wild, Wicked & Wanton by Jaci Burton is full of steamy scenes. I can't choose just one. This book is definitely for people over 18!!! 

          • Best Swoon-Worthy Moment - I can't choose just one! I love all the sweet moments between Rose and Dimitri as well as those between Delilah and Patrick. :)

            • Most Heartbreaking/ Tear Jerker Scene - The moment Delilah unravels her family's secrets.


            Quote Related:
              
            • Best Opening Line - "There's a big difference between death threats and love letters - even if the person writing the death threats still claims to actually love you. Of course, considering I once tries to kill someone I loved, maybe I had no right to judge." Rose in Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

            • Most Memorable Quote - "If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you." Dimitri in Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

            • Best Comeback - "I need you" said Lissa. "I hear that from women a lot." said Adrian." Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
                  

              So, what do you think? Which were the best books you've read during September?

              1 comment:

              1. So glad you enjoyed the Vampire Academy series! I really like this monthly rap up idea :)

                ReplyDelete