Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beth Revis Interview

As you already know today's posts are dedicated to Beth Revis.




Beth was kind enough to answer a few of my questions. 
I hope you enjoy this interview and if you haven't already, you should go read Across the Universe while we wait for A Million Suns to be published. 





1 -Tell us a little about yourself and your book.


BR: I’m just a regular girl who writes books. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE was released in January is a science fiction for teens. It’s basically a murder mystery in space.



2 - Have you always wanted to be a writer? If not, when did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?


BR: I have! I definitely have memories of writing “novels” in 5th grade. There were ten chapters in my first “novel,” but back then I thought that one page = a chapter. 



3 - What inspired you to write Across the Universe?


BR: I thought of the end first—I had an idea for a twist, a solution to a mystery. I wrote the whole novel to revolve around that idea.



4 – Across the Universe is the title of a song by The Beatles. Are you a Beatles fan?

BR: Absolutely! And “Across the Universe” is my fave Beatles song! 



5 - Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

BR: I always have to work hard at revisions. My first drafts are really rough, but I rarely know HOW they’re rough, and have to really focus on making it better.



6 - Which of your characters would you most like to invite to dinner?  Why?


BR: I like Harley the most, but I’d most like to invite him to dinner so I could give him a hug and tell him it’ll all be okay. I also have a secret for him that I’d like to tell him.



7 – Who are your favorite authors? If you could switch places with one of them who would you choose?

BR: My fave authors are JK Rowling and CS Lewis, but I’d never switch places with any other author. Writing is too personal; it would be weird to slip into someone else’s life. That said, it would be neat to see what Hogwarts is like in JK’s mind.



8 - Is there anything specific that you want to say to your readers or that you would like them to know?

BR: Make sure to check out the new covers of the AtU paperback and the A MILLION SUNS hardback on http://facebook.com/acrosstheuniversebook




You can find Beth at:
Twitter

Thank you so much for the interview! :)
I'll be hosting a little giveaway later today so stay tuned!  

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and cannot wait until the sequel comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cool. I remember the "party" she had on Twitter the date of the Royal Wedding. It was cool staying up all night on Twitter; she made it fun. And a secret for Harley? I want to know! Things could've been...avoided. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, now I'm wishing I could get into JKR's mind to see Hogwarts LOL. That would definitely be cool!

    Great interview :) I loved this book and I can't wait for the release of the sequel.

    (AWW, HARLEY! <3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting interview, I need to read the novel now.

    ReplyDelete