Saturday, October 22, 2011

Jennifer Hubbard

So, today's posts are dedicated to author Jennifer Hubbard:

Author's Profile:

"I grew up in New England and came to Philadelphia at the age of seventeen. Except for a six-month stint in Atlanta, I have lived in the Philadelphia area ever since. I am a night person who believes that mornings were meant to be slept through, a chocolate lover, and a hiker. I walk every day, and hike on weekends when I can.
I’ve been writing since the age of six, when I used to write and illustrate my own picture books. (Fortunately, none of those early efforts have survived, unless my parents are hiding them for future blackmail plans.) In high school, I considered it fun to come home from school and write novels. My grandfather worked at a printing plant that produced spiral-bound notebooks. Any flaws in the printing or binding process would land the notebooks in the company store at a steep discount, so I always had plenty of notebooks on hand. Now I write on a computer most of the time.
I will read almost anything; I prefer to write short fiction and young-adult novels. I had my first short story published when I was seventeen, but it took me many years to write well with consistency, and I continue to learn more every year. My short fiction has appeared in literary magazines such as Willow Review and North American Review, and a short story called “Confessions and Chocolate Brains” appears in the 2011 anthology Truth & Dare. (See “Publications” for more.) My contemporary young-adult novels are The Secret Year (2010) and Try Not to Breathe (2012)."


Jennifer Hubbard Books:




Title and Author: The Secret Year
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Publication Date: January 7th, 2010
Paperback/Hardcover: 192
Genre: Young Adult





Colt and Julia were secretly together for an entire year, and no one - not even Julia's boyfriend - knew. They had nothing in common, with Julia in her country club world on Black Mountain and Colt from down on the flats, but it never mattered. Until Julia dies in a car accident, and Colt learns the price of secrecy. He can't mourn Julia openly, and he's tormented that he might have played a part in her death. When Julia's journal ends up in his hands, Colt relives their year together at the same time that he's desperately trying to forget her. But how do you get over someone who was never yours in the first place?


Upcoming Books:


 
Title and Author: Try Not To Breathe
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Publication Date: January 19th, 2012
Paperback/Hardcover:
Genre: Young Adult







Ryan spends most of his time alone at the local waterfall because it’s the only thing that makes him feel alive. He’s sixteen, post-suicidal, and trying to figure out what to do with himself after a stint in a mental hospital. Then Nicki barges into his world, brimming with life and energy, and asking questions about Ryan’s depression that no one else has ever been brave enough—or cared enough—to ask. Ryan isn’t sure why he trusts Nicki with his darkest secrets, but that trust turns out to be the catalyst that he desperately needs to start living again. 


You can find Jennifer at:



No comments:

Post a Comment