Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review - Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis

Ttitle and Author: Animal Attraction (Animal 02) by Jill Shalvis
Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: October 4th, 2011
Paperback/Hardcover: 293
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Summary:
Jade Bennett couldn't be happier to escape her past for the quiet ranching town of Sunshine, Idaho. Plus, there's nothing like working for veterinarian Dell Connelly. And though Dell has no intention of settling down, Jade's strength and sass are enticements no red-blooded male can resist.

Review:
Every time I pick a Jill Shalvis book up, I know I’ll be entertained and will be able to enjoy a good story. Animal Attraction did not disappoint me. In fact, I loved the book and I have to confess I might have developed a little crush on Dell! J
Animal Attraction is the second book in the Animal series. This time our hero is Dell – animal and women whispered and the owner of the vet clinic Bell Haven – and our heroine is Jade – Dell’s secretary and the woman responsible for running the vet clinic as well as Dell and Adam’s lives as a well-oiled machine!
I really did like the characters in this book. Jade is a calm person. She’s organized, never gets flustered and she’s always on top of everything. She’s able to run the clinic with great efficiency. Dell can be incredibly disorganized sometimes and, if not for Jade, he would be lost! Jade has a few issues she needs to solve, though and I think that made her a great main female character.  I was able to connect to her and understand what was going on with her.
Now Dell… Well, Dell doesn’t let a lot of people in and close to him. He has a few abandonment issues so, even though he found in Bell Haven and the animals there a place for himself; his relationship track record is not the best. He’s always the first to leave, not getting involved with women for more than a few no-strings-attracted dates.
He’s a laid back guy. He’s easy going and happy but a little disorganized. It’s obvious he loves his animals and that Jade had managed to intrigue and interest him more than he could ever imagine.
The relationship between Dell and Jade was great. They circled each other ever since Jade started working for Dell and it was quite obvious they were both attracted to each other. I think their romance developed nicely and the scenes between them were interesting, intriguing and super-hot. They made a great couple. (I still want Dell for myself, though. :P)
The secondary characters in this story were great as well. I enjoyed the fact Adam always managed to walk in on Dell and Jade, interrupting a few interesting moments. The conversations and bickering between Dell and Adam was very well written and entertaining. We also get to see how Brady and Lilah’s relationship is developing!
As you can tell I really enjoyed this book. It is not only about the relationship between Dell and Jade. It is also about overcoming problems and fears and opening up to the possibility of being happy.
Animal Attraction is a very well-written and interesting book. I couldn’t put it down and I was very happy with it.

Rating:  Mus Read (5 Stars)




CymLowell

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book! Awesome review.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read :) I'm loving Jill's Lucky Harbor series, and looking forward to book 3 in that trilogy...This one sounds like it may be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when you find an author that you can count on to deliver a great read everytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great review! I love the kitty on the cover. So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete