Saturday, July 21, 2012

Interview with Jodi Meadows about the NewSoul Series



Interview with Jodi Meadows about the NewSoul Series




Jodi Meadows was kind enough to answer a few of my questions about The NewSoul Series.
I hope you enjoy this interview!



Thank you, Jodi!
 
 
 
 
1 – What inspired you to write The NewSoul series?
This is a long story involving a ferret, a hurricane, and a time: machine. I can't go into it now, but my future self says we talk about it eventually.

2 - Can you tell us something we might not know about the series or the characters?
There's a character coming up in ASUNDER who looks like a young James Marsters. (He played Spike on BUFFY: TVS.) Gratuitous picture: http://www.sharewallpapers.org/d/24182-2/James+Marsters+010.jpg

3 - Who would you say is the hardest character, from the series, to write about? Why?
Ana and Sam were both difficult in their own ways.
Ana has such a hard time trusting people -- and with good reason -- and her past is so horrible. Emotionally it was very hard to write from her point of view.
Sam, on the other hand, was difficult to write because I've never been a super old reincarnated person before. I had to put a lot of consideration into his thought process and why he behaved certain ways.

4 - If you had to choose your favorite thing about the NewSoul series, what would that be?
While a lot of bad things happen in the trilogy -- as things are wont do in fiction -- I think there's an underlying message of hope and love. That would have to be my favorite thing.

5 - In your opinion what makes a great book heroine? And a hero?
For me, great heroines are proactive, overall good, and at least occasionally thoughtful. I don't think she needs to be perfect -- indeed I hope she isn't! -- but she needs to have redeeming qualities and take an active part in her own life.
And I'd have to say the same thing for the hero, too.

6 – The second book in the series, Asunder, will be published next year. Can you let us know something about it? :)
The sylph play a big role in the story -- much bigger than in INCARNATE. There's also a scene that everyone has squicked about. You'll know it when you see it.

7 – Is there something else you would like your readers to know about you and the NewSoul series?
The answer to the first question might be a lie.


You can find Jodi at:

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! I'm super excited for the character that looks like James Marsters. Thanks for the visual!
    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete