Guest Post by Priscilla Glenn - Back To You in Six Words
Back to You in Six Words
1. Redemption: Michael needs it - on so many levels from several different people - yet he doesn’t feel that he deserves it. It is the one thing that can heal him, but he deprives himself of it, which is the catalyst for several of his actions and decisions in the novel.
2. Easy: The friendship with Michael and Lauren was just that: easy. They belonged to each other from that first day in a way that neither could explain but both understood. When they reconnect in the future, Lauren can feel how easy it would be to fall right back into things with him, which makes her exceedingly focused on keeping her guard up.
3. Fragile: For as tough as Michael appears to be, he is extremely fragile – both in his teen years and in adulthood. There’s also a big emphasis on trust in the novel, and trust is a very fragile thing. It can be solid for years, but one bad decision can shatter it.
4. Unconditional: With no conditions or restrictions; absolute; unreserved. It describes the acceptance and love that Lauren provides for Michael. It is also the word that defines their friendship.
5. Abandonment: Lauren, Michael, and Erin have all been abandoned in some way at some point in their lives. The ways in which they cope with it have shaped them into the people they are.
6. Visceral: The emotions in this novel are tangible; the characters act on instinct because they feel things so strongly. It is both their saving grace and their downfall.
Author Name: Priscilla Glenn
Release date: October 20, 2012
Age Group: Adult with YA crossover
Genre: Contemporary romance
Social Media links:
Links to find/buy the book:
When Lauren Monroe first laid eyes on Michael Delaney back in high school, she had every reason to stay away from him; within minutes of their first encounter, his volatile actions confirmed his notorious reputation. But Lauren saw something in him that caused her to question his bad-boy persona, and against her better judgment, she took a chance. She had no way of knowing that the unlikely friendship they formed would become so important to her.
Or that it would end so painfully.
Eight years later, when Lauren begins her new job at Learn and Grow Day Care, Michael is the last person she expects to see. Refusing to revisit the hurt and confusion of their past, Lauren vows to keep her distance from him. But staying away from Michael proves to be more difficult than she thought, despite her lingering grief and her instincts for self-preservation.
As Lauren and Michael recall the friendship that changed them forever and the events that tore them apart, will they finally be able to heal? Or will the ghosts of Michael’s past prove to be too much to overcome?
(3) Signed print copies of BACK TO YOU. US/Canada Only
About the Author
Priscilla Glenn lives in New York with her husband and three beautiful children. She has been teaching English Language Arts at the middle and high school levels for the past eleven years. Glenn has written three books, although Back to You is her first published novel. Her guilty pleasures include great books, good wine, anything chocolate, and Robert Pattinson :)