Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February: Month of Love and Book Boyfriends - Day Thirteen: Ren Laroche



Day 13! Today's book boyfriend is:

Ren Laroche






Stats


Name/Book: Ren Laroche from Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer

Age:17

Height: 6´2

Eyes: Obsidian with Silver

Hair: Charcoal



   
Physical Description/ First Appearance

"The crowd of students parted for the Bane alpha and his pack. Ren, flanked by Sabine, Neville, Cosette, and Dax, seemed to float down the hallway. He moved as though he owned the school. His eyes darted from side to side—ever a wolf, always predatory."


 Quotes:

I don’t think so, Lily,” he said. “If you want to get rid of me, you’ll need to do better than that.” 
I drew a sharp breath and tried to wiggle away, but he held me firmly in place, watching me struggle. He grinned as he lifted me up onto the sink. 
“What are you doing?” I started to panic. “Someone could come in!” 
“If they see us, they’ll just turn around and get out of here,” he murmured, lips touching my ear. “No one crosses me.” 
His hips pressed against my knees, opening them, pushing my skirt up my legs. I gripped his shirt, clinging to him so I wouldn’t fall into the sink. His hand pushed into my lower back. I gasped as his body fitted against mine. 
Heat flooded my chest, my pelvis. I thought I would drown in it. 
“We can’t—” His lips stopped my words. The kiss just made me dizzier. I dug my fingers into his shoulders. 
“You said you didn’t want to be left alone.” His tongue flicked over my cheekbone. “This is me pestering you.” 
“Aren’t you breaking the rules?” I could barely get the words out. “What about the union?” 
“I’d rather have you on my own terms.” His hand slipped between my thighs. 
All strength fled my limbs. “I can’t breathe.” 
“That means you like it.” He kissed me again.

Quotes:

The way you move is incredible.” Ren drew me back to press against him. His fingers slid down to the curve of my hips, rocking our bodies in rhythm with the heavy bass. The sensation of being molded against the hard narrow line of his hips threatened to overwhelm me. We were hidden in the mass of people, right? The Keepers couldn’t see? 
I tried to steady my breath as Ren kept us locked together in the excruciatingly slow pulse of the music. I closed my eyes and leaned back into his body; his fingers kneaded my hips, caressed my stomach. God, it felt good. 
My lips parted and the misty veil slipped between them, playing along my tongue. The taste of flower buds about to burst into bloom filled my mouth. Suddenly I wanted nothing more than to melt into Ren. The surge of desire terrified me. I had no idea if the compulsion to draw him more tightly around my body emerged from my own heart or from the succubi’s spellcraft. This couldn’t happen! 
I started to panic when he bent his head, pressing his lips against my neck. My eyes fluttered and I struggled to focus despite the suffocating heat that pressed down all around me. His sharpened canines traced my skin, scratching but not breaking the surface. My body quaked and I pivoted in his arms, pushing against his chest, making space between us. 
“I’m a fighter, not a lover,” I gasped. 
“You can’t be both?” His smile made my knees buckle.
 

 Quotes
 
 If they see us, they'll just turn around and get out of here," he murmured, lips touching my ear. "No one crosses me.

Quotes:

I caught the scent of Ren's fury, sudden and violent, as he stepped in front of me, blocking Shay's approach. It was an act of possession, as unmistakable as if he'd thrown a gauntlet at Shay's feet. Ren was an alpha, and he was reclaiming his place."


Quotes:

We were always meant for each other, Calla," he said







Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

Ren is funny, sure of himself, protective and loyal. He has his flaws and can be a bit possessive but he's also sweet and romantic.


 

 
I'm without a doubt Team Ren!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I always did like Ren better than Shay. I think it has to do with his cocky, alpha male personality with a touch of soft side thrown in.

    ReplyDelete