Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February: Month of Love and Book Boyfriends - Day Twenty: Prince Ash + Puck



Day 20! Today we have not only one but two book boyfriends:

Prince Ash + Robin Goodfellow Puck

Ash:














 
Stats




Name/Book: Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn from The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

Age: 17

Height: Tall

Eyes: Silver

Hair: Black


Physical Description/ First Appearance

"Its rider was tall and lean, garbed in silver and black. A dark cape fluttered from its shoulders. Through the rain, I caught the barest glimpse of a face: young, pale, strikingly handsome... staring right at me. My stomach lurched and I caught my breath"










Quotes:

Hey, princess."
"Hey." I whispered, as Ash slipped his arms around my waist from behind, drawing me close. I could feel his glare aimed at Puck over my head, a silent protective gesture that spoke louder than any words. Mine. Back off.”




Quotes:

Touch her, and I'll freeze your testicles off and put them in a jar. Understand?
  




 Quotes
 

"His forehead bumped softly against mine, his brilliant silver gaze searing into me. “I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away.” One corner of his mouth quirked, as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. “I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak."


Quotes:

You are my heart, my life, my entire existence.

 
Quotes:

My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court... Let it be known - from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wished are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existance be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered into my ear. "I am yours












Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

He's a skilled fighter and a bit temperamental. He's also a determined man of honor. When he wants something he's not afraid to fight for it. I like the fact he can never bring himself to kill Puck despite his oath to do so and that he went against his court and queen to keep Meghan safe.
Image by Mseregon @ DeviantArt
 

 
 

So, what do you think of Prince Ash?


 Puck:














 
Stats




Name/Book: Robin Goodfellow / Puck from The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

Age: 16 in human years but he's very very old. :P

Height: Tall

Eyes: Bright Green

Hair: Red



Physical Description/ First Appearance

"Robbie Goodfell, my closest neighbor—meaning he lived nearly two miles away— slouched against the tree trunk, gasping with mirth. Lanky and tall, in tattered jeans and an old T-shirt, he paused to look at my pale face, before cracking up again. His spiky red hair lay plastered to his forehead and his clothes clung to his skin, emphasizing his lean, bony frame, as though his limbs didn’t fit quite right. Being drenched and covered in twigs, leaves, and mud didn’t seem to bother him. Few things did."











Quotes:

Ladies and Felines," he stated grandly, grasping the doorknob, "Welcome to Tir Na Nog. Land of endless winter and shitloads of snow."





Quotes:

So," he murmured, grinning as he tilted my chin up, "before I march off to battle, how 'bout a kiss for luck?
  




 Quotes
 
"I have always loved you, princess,” Robin Goodfellow promised, his green eyes shining in the darkness. “I always will. And I’ll take whatever you can give me.”
I looked down, unable to meet his open stare, human fears and selfconsciousness coming to the surface. “Even if all I can offer is friendship? Will that still be enough?”
“Well, not really.” Puck dropped his hand, his voice turning light and carefree again, more like the Puck I knew. “Damn not being able to lie. Princess, if you suddenly decide ice-boy is a first-class jerk and that you can’t stand him, I’ll always be here.'"

Quotes:
Your kind of blind, you know?" Puck whispered, smiling to soften his words. “I wouldn’t defy Oberon for just anyone. But, for you...” He leaned forward, touching his forehead to mine. “I’d come back from the dead for you.

 
Quotes:

I’m here,” he murmured, running long fingers through my hair. “Don’t forget that. No matter what happens, I’ll protect you.” He leaned in, resting his forehead to mine. I smelled apples on his breath, saw my own reflection in his eyes. “I’ll never leave your side, no matter what comes at us. Count on it.”
My heart thumped in my ears. I knew I was standing on the edge of a vast precipice, looking down. I knew I should pull away, that if I stayed here, a line would be crossed, and we could never go back.
I closed my eyes instead. And Puck kissed me.












Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

Puck is a joker. It seems like he never takes anything too seriously but he adctually does. He's been Meghan's best (and probably only) friend since she was little and has always been in love with her. He's loyal and willing to do anything for her.

 
 
What about Puck? What do you think of Puck?

4 comments:

  1. I'll always be Team Ash, beacause I love cool guys ;)

    And the artist of the 1st pic of Ash is a deviant art artist, leejun35 (yep I looked for the artist who draw this amazing picture of Ash ;) )

    http://leejun35.deviantart.com/art/Prince-step-297946339

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been able to choose, I just love both of those guys so much! I think it differs from day to day which one I love more. I think today I love Puck.

    And gee, thanks for the quotes, now I have to search through the series and find all of my favorite quotes! In other words I have to reread the whole series. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was team Ash from the beggining but Just because I didnt Think Meaghan was the right choice for Puck

    ReplyDelete