Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February: Month of Love and Book Boyfriends - Day Five: Finn Bishop



Day 5! Today is time to learn more about

Finn Bishop




Stats


Name/Book: Finn Bishop from Stay by Deb Caletti

Age: 17

Height: Tall

Eyes: Black

Hair: Black
 

Physical Description

"The guy turned. I was surprised to see he was not much older than me. Eighteen, nineteen. He had cargo shorts on, no shirt. Tousled black hair, the scruffy start of a beard, the kind of eyes you’d call sweet."




Quotes:

““Mmm,” I said. “You.”
“You,” he said.
“Oh, God, don’t kiss me; I just ate a cheeseburger.”
“I love cheeseburgers,” he said.
He sat down next to me on the bench. I passed him my basket of fries. He looped one into his mouth. Gulliver ignored the food. Actually he was looking off into the distance as if we were boring him.
“I missed you all day,” Finn said. “I missed you before I even got out of bed.”
“Me too,” I said. “It was the longest morning.”


Quotes:

“He looked at me. “I like to guess about someone. But then, it’s even better when you know more.” He was sitting beside me with his legs stretched out. “I’d like to know more,” he said to me. “You know, about you.”
My stomach flipped. His eyes really were sweet, if you could believe eyes.

 Quotes

“Clara?” Finn whispered. “I know we’re just getting to know each other, and you’re not supposed to say big things, and there are all these rules around that, the no-freaking-someone-out rules, you can’t love someone so soon rules . . . I’m not making any sense probably.”
I didn’t say anything. I just kept my head still, felt his chest moving up and down. “But you know what? Shit happens, too, and I keep walking around lately knowing how fragile everything is since my dad died, how fast it goes, how quickly things can change, and so I’m not into bullshit games and rules anymore, okay? I want to let you know that whatever the word is that’s more appropriate than love right now… I whatever-that-word-is you.”
I smiled into his chest. “I whatever- that- word- is you, too,” I said.



Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

Finn is a sailor. He loves the sea and his boat.
He's sweet, funny and understanding. He understood Clara had gone through a lot and never pushed her. He was willing to wait for her to be ready to be with him. 


Have you read Stay? What do you think of Finn?

1 comment:

  1. I've never even heard of this book, but those quotes have convinced me I need to pick it up ASAP. He sounds so sweet :D

    ReplyDelete