Saturday, February 23, 2013

February: Month of Love and Book Boyfriends - Day Twenty-Three: Sam + Cas + Nick + Trev



Day 23! We had two book boyfriend in a day before but today we have four book boyfriends! Yes, four! I can't choose between them so here they are:
 
Sam + Cas + Nick + Trev 

Sam
 




 
Henry Cavill as Sam from Jennifer Rush's Pinterest
Stats


Name/Book: Sam from Altered by Jennifer Rush

Age:

Height: Tall

Eyes:Green

Hair: Dark and short


Physical Description/ First Appearance

"I looked up and met his eyes. An unremarkable green, like river water, his eyes were nothing to look at, but they were something else to be watched with. Sam’s gaze, at quiet moments like this, made my insides shudder. "


Quotes:

You're the only person I trust. That's not something to waste.

Quotes:

I smiled. “You trust me more than Cas?”
“Cas would choose a case of beer over me.”
My laughter echoed through the cemetery. “That’s not true!” I brushed the hair from my face. “The others have your back.”
“Yet you were the one who saved my life.
  





 Quotes
 
"I pulled away. He stopped me with a hand on my wrist. “Wait,” he said. “I know what you’re thinking.”
“What?”
“It’s written all over your face.” He pushed a lock of hair out of my eyes. “I’m not going anywhere."

Quotes:

We bumped shoulders. I felt him watching me. “What color would you use?”
A grin spread across my face as I glanced at him.
My gaze swept the sky. “Titanium white. A white so pure you can—” He stopped midstride and nudged me toward
him. With a brush of his finger, he tilted my chin up. Only the span of a few inches hovered between us. Snow melted on my face. The wind didn’t seem so cold anymore.
“Almost taste it?”









Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

Sam has many many secrets, which only make him more interesting. It's not easy to get to know him and he keeps a lot to himself. Still, he is the kind of guy who would do anything to keep the ones important to him safe. He's a skilled fighter and he's also extremely intelligent.

 

 
 
 
 
Cas
 




 
Charlie Hunman as Cas from Jennifer Rush's Pinterest
Stats


Name/Book: Cas from Altered by Jennifer Rush

Age:

Height: Tall

Eyes:

Hair: Blonde


Physical Description/ First Appearance

"Cas, his blond hair sticking up in messy tufts, moved to the front of his room when I approached. He pressed his face against the glass and puffed out his cheeks like a blowfish. When he pulled back and smirked, his cheeks dimpled in that innocent-but-mischievous way that only fiveyear- olds can pull off. Well, five-year-olds and Cas.
Despite their altered rate of aging, caused by the treatments, Cas looked the youngest. With his dimples and round cheeks, he had a classic baby face. And he knew exactly how to use it to his advantage."




Quotes:

Pumpkin?” He nodded at the cookies.
“Of course.”
“Anna Banana, I love you.”
I laughed and unlocked the hatch—a small opening in the brick wall between his room and Trev’s—and slid in four cookies, along with the tennis balls. I hit the button so he could open the hatch on his side.
“Oh, sweet Jesus,” he said, then inhaled an entire cookie.
“You are the black hole of food.”
“I need my protein.” He patted his hard stomach. The gesture made a solid thwack, thwack sound. Despite all the food he crammed down his throat, he never gained an ounce.
“I don’t think two eggs in a batch of cookies counts as protein.”
He flicked the lid off the tube of tennis balls, unfazed. “It totally counts.”

Quotes:

“Just then Cas bounded up to the SUV.
“Sweet Baby Jesus, look what I found!” He slammed into my door with a gigantic grin on his face and held up a package of Twinkies. “See?”
  
 Quotes
 
“We need to put more distance between us and the cops,” Sam said. “We’ll get a room soon.
“Then how about we talk food?” Cas said.
“Particularly something that starts with ice and ends with cream.”
A car passed on the opposite side of the road, its headlights illuminating Sam’s face.
An overhead freeway sign said we were on course for Brethington.
I leaned between the seats to look at Cas.
“Do you ever stop eating?”
He shrugged. “No. Why?”
"

Quotes:

It's all right. Go ahead and admit you're in love with me, too. Let's get everything off our chests while we're at it."
I swatted at him but he dodged away. 'You're not making me feel better."
"Who said I was trying to make you feel better? Fact: Sam's got swagger. Fact: I'm straight. Fact: Even though I'm straight, I sorta love the dude. So I can't say I blame you.”








 
 


Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

As I'm sure you noticed Cas loves food. I think he would do anything for his food. :) He's laid back,  fun and flirty too but, when it's needed he can be serious.

 

 
 
 

Nick
 


 
Sean O'Pry as Nick from Jennifer Rush's Pinterest
Stats


Name/Book: Nick from Altered by Jennifer Rush

Age:

Height: Tall

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Dark


Physical Description/ First Appearance

"Nick had the bluest eyes I’d ever seen, the color of the sky where night meets day. A blue that made him seem more mature, more dangerous, more everything."



Quotes:

“Do you have any requests? I’ll probably go to the store later this week. A new Car & Driver? How are you on shampoo?” He liked this special stuff that was made from avocados and shea butter. I had to order it from a website that sold only organic goods, using my own money. Not that he cared. When he didn’t answer, I muttered, “Maybe a stone to sharpen your horns?”
He called out as I headed back to my desk. “How about a fifth of vodka?”

Quotes:

“Roast beef is mine,” Nick said. He turned on the TV and flipped through thechannels with the remote. “You lost your shirt, Sam?”
“Anna was looking over the tattoo.”
“Yeah.” Nick grunted. “It looked like it.”
  





 Quotes
 
"Next to me, Nick had gone surly. His shoulders were tight, his hands hidden inside the pockets of his jacket. That morning, over a cup of coffee and a bagel, he’d said,
“This is crazy. You know that, right?” 
And I’d said, “Yes. A new brand of crazy. But what do we have to lose?”
“Well…” He’d taken a bite of his onionand- garlic bagel. “Our heads. Our freedom. Or something more creative, like our fingers—”

Quotes:

“Nick leaned in. “ ‘You’re set to go down’?” he echoed. “That’s comforting.”










Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

It's difficult to describe Nick. He's drifnitely rough around the edges but I still think he's a great characters.He has his reasons to act the way he does, after all. I think he's only trying to protect himself.

 

 
 
 

 
Trev
 





Stats


Name/Book: Trev from Altered by Jennifer Rush

Age:

Height: Tall

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Dark


Physical Description/ First Appearance

"My gaze met his eyes and I smiled. His were a unique shade of brown, like firelight, warm and liquid
and inviting. When I drew him, I used colors I rarely used on anyone else. Which was maybe why I drew him the most. While I felt like I knew Trev the best, his heritage was the hardest to pinpoint. Through the sheen of yoga-induced sweat, his earthy olive complexion hinted at a background different from those of the others. I’d been unable to find anything concrete in his files, but I thought he might be Native American, and maybe Italian, too."




Quotes:

“Families are important,” he’d said. “Families define who we become.

Quotes:

“ ‘To keep the body in good health is a duty….’ ” Trev said, pulling out one of his quotes. “ ‘Otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.’ ”
Cas snorted. “Who said that? The Dalai frickin’ Lama?”
“Buddha.”
“Yeah, well, wasn’t it George Washington who said, ‘Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint’?”
“Oh, good one,” I said.
Trev sighed. “Mark Twain said that.”
“Close enough.” Cas crossed his arms.
I poked him in the knee. “What would we do without you?”
“Die of boredom.”
“Or prosper in the silence,” Trev added as he looked out the window”
  

 Quotes
 
"You really were the bright spot of that lab. I wanted you to know that.”


Quotes:

“ ‘In all things it is better to hope than to despair.’ ”
“Whose quote is that?” Trev smirked, folding his hands together. He loved it when I asked him for more information, when I gave him the opportunity to show off. “Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.”
“What’s the Aristotle one? The one about hope?”
His eyes lost focus as he dug for the quote I wanted. I could see the moment when he remembered it, the glimmer returning to his amber eyes. I’d never met anyone with a real lightbulb expression like Trev’s.
“ ‘Hope is a waking dream.’ ”










Why He's a Great Book Boyfriend:

He has a photographic memory. He's Anna's best friend and always knows what she needs to hear. He's a walking source of amazing quotes.

 

 
 
 
 
So, if you had to, which one of the boys would you choose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment